Get the healing touch.
Clinical studies have shown massage to be an effective treatment for discomfort or pain related to:
- Digestive disorders
- Muscle strains and injuries
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint pain)
- Many other chronic illnesses
From the healing warmth of hot stones to aromatherapy—including seasonal options like peppermint and pumpkin spice—Hancock Wellness Center complements traditional massage with other relaxing and invigorating treatments. Along the way, our licensed massage therapists will work closely with your doctor as necessary to determine which type of therapy is best for you. Options include:
- Swedish massage. This involves deep circular kneading and long strokes to relieve tension and ease stress.
- Neuromuscular massage. Sometimes referred to as trigger point massage, this focuses on tight muscle fibers that often occur after injuries. Especially effective for lower back pain.
- Thai massage. Through gentle pressure and stretch movements, Thai massage enhances relaxation and relieves stress.
- Prenatal massage. Tailored for women as they experience the stages of pregnancy, prenatal massage can improve circulation, increase energy levels, reduce anxiety, and enhance sleep.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) massage. Specially designed to ease the chronic muscle pain and tension associated with TMJ.
- Chair massage. A massage chair enables the masseuse to focus strictly on the neck and upper body—a common source of tension and discomfort.
All treatments are overseen by our medical director to ensure high-quality clinical care. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today or fill out the form below.