Exercise your right to a fun fitness experience.
Do you think of working out as dull and repetitious? Then you’ve never tried one of our group fitness classes. From fast and funky Zumba to mind-quieting yoga, Hancock Wellness Center has a class for every body—and personality.
Want to find out exactly what goes on in a Zumba class? Or what “Aqua Sculpt” means? With dozens of classes every week, you’re sure to find one or two that fit into your schedule.
- Aquatic Arthritis Foundation Program – Incorporates the buoyancy of water and the soothing warmth of a heated pool to create a safe, ideal environment for relieving arthritis pain and stiffness. Gentle movements increase joint flexibility and range of motion, while new exercise variations help build stronger muscles and overall stamina. Led by Arthritis Foundation certified instructors. (45 min.)
- Aqua Blast – Burn fat and calories in this cardio class. This class is perfect for individuals who are fit, pregnant and joint-sensitive. Come join the fun! (50 min.)
- Aqua Circuit – Aqua circuit focuses on both cardio and strength training. Your instructor will walk you through a series of strength intervals with intermittent cardio conditioning. You will keep your heart rate up & improve strength.
- Aqua Core – Put your torso to the test with this 15-minute workout in the water! (15min)
- Aqua Fit -This invigorating class held in the pool improves cardiovascular conditioning, muscular strength and endurance using resistance of the water to give you a safe, effective, fun and “no sweat” workout all without pounding your joints.
- Aqua Pilates – Overall body toning focusing on abdominals, back, arms and hips. (50 min.)
- Aqua Tabata- A HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training) in the water. Participants use maximal effort for 20 seconds and recover for 10 seconds for 8 rounds of work. Resistance equipment may or may not be used. All levels can benefit from this class.
- Aqua Yoga – Learn ways to stretch, move and enjoy your body in the support of our 92-degree therapeutic pool. This class uses basic yoga poses adapted for the water. Aqua yoga is super low impact, as the buoyant effect of the water takes pressure off the joints, alleviating pain or discomfort. Sooth away joint and muscle pain as well as relieve stress in this therapeutic aquatics class.
- Aqua Zumba® – A low-impact, high-energy aquatic exercise class with less impact on your joints, so you can really let loose. Water creates natural resistance, which means every step is more challenging and helps tone your muscles. Aqua Zumba® blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance, for one pool party you shouldn’t miss!
- Barre Tone and Stretch-This class combines a standing core workout utilizing the ballet barre and then moves to the mat to finish with lengthening stretches that relax and elongate your muscles. The focus of this class will concentrate on basic core, balance, and flexibility exercises.
- Beginner Cycle- Beginner Cycle is recommended for those who are new to Cycling. Riders will learn how to set up their bike, hand positions, and body positions on the bike. You will learn to monitor exercise intensity, and use resistance and cadence to vary your workout intensity. This class is a 45 minute tutorial class that is recommended but not required to anyone new to cycling to ensure safety and maximum fitness results.
- Boxing Fusion- You’ll learn basic boxing techniques. Plus, we will fuse elements of plyometrics & strength to make a high intensity circuit, guaranteed to get you toned and powerful body of a boxer.
- Cardio & Core – Get your body shredded! This is a high-energy 50-minute class incorporating cardio and sculpting intervals followed by hard core abdominal training. This will help to lose body fat, increase cardiovascular efficiency, and increase strength. (50 min.)
- Cardio Tone – This class combines light and heavy resistance training with a complete cardiovascular workout in just 50 minutes. With the use of dumbbells, step blocks, and resistance balls, expect to keep your heart rate elevated and your muscles pumping.
- Chair Yoga-Chair yoga is one of the gentlest forms of yoga available, a unique yoga style that adapts yoga positions and poses through creative use of a chair. Poses are done seated on the chair or the chair is used for support during standing and balance poses. The chair allows for greater stability to help you feel supported and safe
- Cycling – Gear it up! Ride into high gear with this incredible and exhilarating stationary bike class. Instructors will show you various intensity options.
- Forever Fit- Sculpt and tone those muscles in forever fit. A 50-minute class incorporating bands and balls to strengthen upper and lower body.
- Forever Fit Yoga – A beginning Yoga class allowing for fluid transition from pose to pose. Focus is on breath and mind/body connection as it relates to strength, balance and flexibility. (50 min.)
- Hydro Sculpt – Less cardio in this one! Tone and strengthen those muscles in the water! This 50-minute class will incorporate the use of bands, dumbbells and noodles to sculpt your body.
- Kids Cardio: An energetic exercise class targeted at kids age 3-9. The class will consist of intervals of cardio exercise and strength training using a variety of movements, all set to music the kids will love!
- Mat Pilates/Pilates – This class involves a series of classical Pilates exercises. Each exercise emphasizes breath, core conditioning, and body awareness. Instructors will pay special attention to alignment and form. Props may be used to add challenge or assistance throughout the class.
- Pound Fit- Using Ripstix, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered for an incredibly effective workout including full-body cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements (45 min)
- R.I.P.P.E.D-An acronym for : Resistance, Interval, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and Diet. The first five components are taught in the 50 minutes class, while the last component, diet, can be found on the programs website. Designed for all fitness levels.
- Sculpt & Tone – No cardio segment here. After a 10 min. warm up, you will use weights, bands and resistance balls to create a muscle conditioning and strength training workout that will tone muscle and burn fat!
- Spinsanity – A 30-minute version of our cycling classes with high intensity intervals and hills. This class is fast and furious so come turn and burn with us!
- Step and Sculpt – An interval class that mixes 50% step aerobics and 50% strength training in one designed workout. By doing short circuits of cardio on the step, followed by strategic intervals of strength training, you will definitely leave this class feeling like you used your time efficiently! (45 min)
- Tai Chi – Tai Chi is an ancient practice proven to reduce pain and improve your mental & physical well-being. These Tai Chi routines are safe, easy to learn, and suitable for every fitness level. (45 min.)
- Ultimate Pilates – Lose inches in your waistline! Learn how to strengthen and tone your chest, back, abdominals, hips and thighs. (50 min.)
- Yoga/Yoga Fit – Class is designed to learn the basic Yoga poses, effective stretching, breathing techniques, and the art of relaxation. The basic techniques can be used as building blocks for a more advanced Yoga practice. Modifications will be given if participants are more advanced. (50 min.)
- Wake Up Yoga- Yoga is magical and healing no matter what time of day you do it. Yoga naturally gives you a great mental flush and serotonin boost; taking class in the morning allows you to keep those happy brain chemicals humming all day long. This class focuses on a combination of asanas which link physical movement, deep breathing techniques, and meditation together.
- Water Walking and Conditioning – This one’s all cardiovascular! Come join us for a low impact water walk with a combination of other mixed in cardiovascular exercises. (45 min.)
- Zumba – High energy aerobic class incorporating basic Latin steps & fitness.
- Zumba for Kids! – Exclusively for kids. Classes are rockin’, high-energy fitness parties packed with specially choreographed, kid-friendly routines and all the music kids love (30 min.)