Did you know that a lot of people make it a goal to have at least one meatless dinner each week? Veggie burgers are a quick and easy way to make it happen AND a great way to incorporate veggies into your children’s diet without them thinking twice!
Watch Registered Dietitian Michelle Graves share how to cook this recipe in this great demo: Veggie Burgers
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup diced or chopped bell pepper
2 tbsp diced onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs or plain oats
1/4 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 egg (can substitute flax egg)
- Use fork to mash black beans into a paste-like mixture (leave some of the black beans whole)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together
- Once mixed together, take part of the mixture and form into patties (should be able to get 4 patties out of mixture)
- Drizzle pan with olive oil
- Place patties on pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until brown
- Top black bean burgers with your favorite toppings – lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup, mustard, etc.
Pair with some roasted veggies and enjoy!