Eat More Color – Focus on getting a variety of colors as this is the best way to get the vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed for good health. Aim to make your plate look like a rainbow!
Recipe of the Month
- 2 cups of lettuce as base (spinach, romaine, spring mix, etc.)
- Add to taste:
- Beans (black, pinto, etc.)
- Lean meat (chicken, pork, etc. seasoned to your taste preference)
- Brown rice
- Tomatoes, corn
- Sliced peppers and onions sautéed or raw
- Top with avocado, salsa or plain Greek yogurt
Place lettuce in bottom of bowl and top with desired ingredients.
- Tip: Prep several containers to have on hand for lunch all week.