Lemon water toots an enormous amount of benefits, it’s silly to not incorporate a cup into your daily routine.
Benefits of Warm Lemon Water:
- Aid in digestion and production of digestive juices
- Supports liver function and its ability to flush out toxins
- Helps regulate bowels (drink warm lemon water for just a few days and tell me how much better your bowel movements are!)
- Supports the immune system due to the high level of Vitamin C
I only recommend fresh lemon juice. Purchasing bottled lemon juice from the store is usually pasteurized, which means you are losing a lot of the benefits found in lemon. Go fresh.
Personally, I tend to drink my warm lemon water with a heaping tablespoon of grass-fed gelatin. Vital Proteins is my go-to brand for quality collagen, that’s unflavored! I got a few questions on Instagram as to why I add gelatin and what gelatin can do for the body.
Benefits of Grass-Fed Gelatin:
· Improves digestion and can help repair gut lining from leaky gut issues
· Provides quality protein
· Supports skin, nails and hair growth
· Supports the adrenals and hormone balance
· Helps maintain healthy bones
- 8oz of filtered water (tap works just fine as well)
- ½ – ¾ fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon grass-fed gelatin (optional)
If you don’t have a water kettle, warm water in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes. You want the water warm, but not boiling. Think tea warm warmth. If using a microwave, squeeze the juice of a lemon into a cup of water then warm. Add gelatin once warm and mix. Enjoy.
LEMON JUICE HACK: Squeeze fresh lemon juice through a strainer and add to ice cube trays. Anytime you want a cup of warm lemon water, pop an ice cube into your cup before warming!
I tend to have my warm lemon water in the morning, after downing a big 32oz glass of water. You could also add this to your evening routine as well.