With the summer heat, it’s cold beverage season. The perfect time to try a new smoothie recipe that not only tastes delicious but has great health benefits. This beautifully vibrant smoothie has a secret ingredient that you’d never expect: beets! If you’re thinking I’m a little crazy for putting beets in a smoothie, hear me out.
Beets are so versatile and bring amazing flavor to so many dishes. They are slightly sweet and packed with so many nutrients like folate, magnesium, manganese, vitamin b-6, potassium, choline, and betaine. Both choline and betaine play a role in reducing inflammation in our body, which makes this smoothie a great option post-workout to help reduce muscle soreness. Beets also have detoxification, anti-cancer, and fiber-related benefits.
In this Strawberry Beet Smoothie, you also have your healthy omega-3 fats (and a little protein + fiber) from your chia seeds, protein from the collagen peptides and protein powder, carbohydrates from the banana and strawberries, plus, a serving of greens!
- 1 Beet, small or medium, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Banana chunks, frozen
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 scoop Protein powder
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 scoop Superfood green powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend! Add additional frozen fruit/veggies/ice for a thicker consistency.
This Strawberry Beet Smoothie is also a good way to sneak in extra veggies if you have picky eaters!